Quoted From A Fellow Traveler:

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

USS Lexington

We can see the USS Lexington from the campground, so we had to do the tour. The Lexington CV16 was built by the Bethlehem Steel Co. of Quincy, Massachusetts and has a long history of action.

The Blue Ghost


The Flight Deck

The tour was setup into five categories that were self guided. It took us over three hours to complete the tour and I was so interested that I forgot to take pictures of most of the exhibits..
I have an interest in WWII planes and the Radial engines, I'm amazed at what they were capable of engineering back in the 1930's.

This is a cutaway of an actual radial engine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul and Joyce: This is Tom. My father served on the USS Saipan and I believed it was stationed in Corpus Christi. I really enjoyed reading about the USS Lexington. It brought back some pleasant memories.