Quoted From A Fellow Traveler:

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Life Goes On

I noticed water in the floor area of the bulkhead in our home. We have a pond that is very close to the house so we had a French Drain installed when the house was built. The problem is they never ran a line under the bulkhead floor and now that the water table is high I'm getting a couple of inches of water in the bulkhead pit.
This water is no threat of getting to the cellar floor unless it comes up a couple more inches. Rather than take a chance of that happening, I am having it repaired.
They will jackhammer the concrete from the bulkhead to the french drain about two feet away, then they will lay in drain pipe and new concrete. This will allow the water to drain to the sump rather than come up through the floor.
Man I hate having to spend money on a house that we are only going to sell but I have to make it right. I guess that's why I worked to make a little extra money.

No comments: