Quoted From A Fellow Traveler:

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Joyce Has Her First Eye Done

Joyce went in yesterday to have her left eye done to remove cataracts and replace the lens. It's amazing what they can do in fifteen minutes with a laser.

She came through the surgery fine and her eye has improved already. It should continue to get better as the eye heals. Hopefully she will only need glasses for reading.

Now she waits for two weeks before having the other eye done.

Today I received a call that the Jeep was ready. As you recall, the Jeep was in the garage to have the transfer case repaired due to bearing failure, then I received a call the the rear end was also making gear noise. The rear end noise wasn't bad but I didn't want to take a chance of bearing failure while out in the boonies so I had those bearings replaced also.

I picked up the Jeep tonight and and was shocked to see that the bill was double what it started out to be; the rear end work cost more than the transfer case work. Oh well, it is what it is.

While I was using Joyce's laptop, I got a virus that was caught by my Internet security program. The problem is I can't seem to destroy it, I have tried everything that I could do but it looks like this is a job for the pros. Computers are such a pain in the butt.

Man......sometimes you just can't win for loosing.

2 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Try downloading Microsoft Security Essentials from their download site, it is free and works well for me. also AVG Free is a good program, I use both plus Spy Doctor, which is not free but a great spybot eliminator. Hope you can get your problems fixed, All the above is for PC, not Mac. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

Paul and Joyce said...

Thanks Donna, I tried Microsoft Essentials and it corrected the DLL file that was missing due to the virus