Quoted From A Fellow Traveler:

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Whose On The Roof?

Joyce and I were awaken two nights ago at 4:00AM by something that sounded like someone was bowling on our roof. I grabbed a flashlight and headed out to see who or what was up there.

I wasn't able to see anything other than what looked like a pair of raccoon eyes up in the tree over the bedroom slide. The heck with this......I went back to bed.

The next day I went up on the roof to see what happened. What I found was a pile of acorns on top of the bedroom slide topper. Apparently the raccoon was sitting in the tree over our coach feasting on acorns. Every time he dropped one it would hit the slide topper which was like tapping on a drum.

So to solve the problem it would mean removing the branch over the slide without hitting anything. I climbed on the roof and threw a rope over the branch. We tied the rope to a golf cart and put tension on the line. While Kevin commenced with the cutting, Robby got ready in the golf cart.
As the branch stared to fall, Robby backed up quick and I got ready to through my body between the coach and the branch if anything went wrong.

The boys did an excellent job removing that branch and trimming around the back of the coach.

Everything went well and now we can go back to a good nights sleep. Good Night!